Agritourism activities are becoming an important component of many farm operations. These activities can potentially increase farm revenues and maintain the industry's sustainability. However, agritourism activities won’t suit every farm or farmer. Before starting an agritourism operation, it is recommended that farmers spend some time assessing the potential that these activities have for their business and carefully planning the financial elements of their strategy.
Keeping in mind these factors, Fin-wiser Advisory has developed a robust Business Plan Model –Agri Tourism. It is a useful financial planning tool, whatever size, and stage of development your business is.
The Model includes assumptions related to:
- Land size, utilization, and allocation across 5 crops.
- Analyze additional revenue streams such as Accommodation, F&B, and Educational Trips/Day Trips.
- Crop Price for up to 5 crops and other sources of revenue
- Staff Cost, Variable O&M cost per land unit (divided into 8 subheads such as staff, electricity, consumables, transport, and fuel), and other fixed costs (SPV, insurance, land lease, community payment, management fee & more)
- Flexible Funding Profile – Cash equity, Bank Debt, and Bank overdraft
- Working Capital Assumptions related to accounts receivables, inventory, and payables
- Straight Line Depreciation
- Annuity, and Even Principal Repayment options
- Inflation and Indexation
- VAT during operations
Model Output includes:
- Project IRR & NPV
- Equity IRR & NPV
- Equity Payback Period
- Cash Waterfall
- Debt Service Profile
- Integrated Financial Statements
- Fully Integrated Dashboard
Why Fin-wiser’s Financial Model Template:
- Our model allows greater flexibility in terms of deciding upon the forecast period length. Users can choose from 1 to 5 years of forecast on monthly basis.
- All revenue and cost assumptions can be input into 3 scenarios. This helps users to assess the impact of multiple business scenarios in one model. This can be operated simply with a click of a button.
- The debt repayment has been profiled with 2 scenarios i.e. Annuity payment and Even Principal Payment. You can change the scenario with a click of a button and assess the impact on IRR.
- The model is built with Financial Modeling Best Practice and has clearly defined input, calculations, output cells, and tabs to help even a rookie excel user operate the model efficiently.
- Our Models are thoroughly reviewed, and Quality checked for Arithmetic and Logical flow
- The model doesn’t use Macros (VBA) and any changes in inputs is directly captured on output in real-time without any delay.
- The model is built using Microsoft Excel 2019 version for Windows. Please note, on certain Mac laptops or MS Excel prior to 2007, Excel with Macros can slow down your computer if your PC does not have enough processing power.
- We advise you not to delete or insert rows and columns into the model if you are not aware of the model structure as it can distort model functioning. If you need assistance with customizing the model template, the author is more than willing to help you. Simply contact us and send your model template as well as specifications. We will then get back to you with a quotation for the custom services (billable hours & completion date).
- The model uses Cell Styles