Consulting Firm Financial Model - Dynamic 10 Year Forecast
Review: 5 - "A masterpiece of literature" by John Doe, written on May 4, 2006
I really enjoyed this book. It captures the essential challenge people face as they try make sense of their lives and grow to adulthood.
Financial Model providing advanced financial planning & analysis for a Consulting Firm
Suitable for either a startup or an operating company, the model is build using billable hours methodology which is commonly used in professional services companies. It includes assumptions and calculations of Direct & Indirect Staff, Available Billable and Actual Billed Hours, Utilization Rates, Cost of Services, OpEx, CapEx and Financing, providing Consulting firm owners with the right tools to calculate financial and operational activities and analyze business profitability.
Outputs of the template include monthly and forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), Direct Cash Flow, Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis, DCF & Payback, Breakeven Analysis, and Investors Returns Waterfall.
A variety of KPIs and Financial Ratios analyzes business performance and the company’s results are presented through sophisticated charts & graphs and are summarized on a professional Executive Dashboard.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period (see examples of the dynamic functionality in the available screenshots).
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info
• Available Billable & Actual Billed Hours
• Direct and Indirect Staff Assumptions (new Hires, Employees Churn rate, salaries, etc.)
• OpEx and CapEx Assumptions
• Forecast Scenarios
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Monthly Operating Budget – Actual & Variance Analysis
• Monthly Income statement per Year
• Annual Financial Statements (Dynamic 10-Year forecast using a 3 Statement Financial Model)
• Annual Direct Cash Flow
• Discounted Cash Flow & Payback period (incl. Terminal value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow)
• Breakeven Analysis
• Summary of various KPIs and Financial Ratios (Revenue & Cost Metrics, ROE, ROIC, Profit Margins, etc.)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Business Performance Dashboard
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.