Self Storage Financial Model (Development, Operation, & Valuation)
Review: 5 - "A masterpiece of literature" by John Doe, written on May 4, 2006
I really enjoyed this book. It captures the essential challenge people face as they try make sense of their lives and grow to adulthood.
Financial model presenting a development scenario for Self Storage Facility.
The main purpose of the model is to enable users to get into details of every step of a self storage project from the construction stage, to operating analysis, projection of cash flows, and a potential future sale.
It includes calculations of construction costs, financial and operating activities (Land & Units Metrics, Revenue, OpEx, Payroll, Capital Costs, Taxes), financing through Debt & Equity and analysis of project’s profitability.
Outputs of the template include Monthly Cash Flow Report, forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), DCF & Exit Scenario, Investors Returns Waterfall and a professional Executive Summary presenting company’s results.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info
• Land Purchase & Construction Budget
• Land & Units Metrics (total number of units, average size, average units per acre, total rentable area)
• Revenue assumptions (Rental Fees, Vacancy rate, rent pace, free rents, etc.)
• Operating Expenses & Capital Costs Assumptions
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Monthly Operating Cash Flow Report
• Dynamic 10 Year Forecast (3 Statement Model)
• Discounted Cash Flow incl. Terminal value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.