Prefabricated Buildings Manufacturer - Dynamic 10 Year Financial Model
Review: 5 - "A masterpiece of literature" by John Doe, written on May 4, 2006
I really enjoyed this book. It captures the essential challenge people face as they try make sense of their lives and grow to adulthood.
Financial model presenting a development scenario for a Prefabricated Buildings Factory including construction, operation, and valuation phases.
Prefabricated buildings, or prefabs, are buildings with components (walls, roof, and floor) that are manufactured in a factory or manufacturing plant. These components can be fully or partially assembled in a factory which is then transferred at the construction site. This method of building construction is preferred due to its cost efficiency, fast turnaround, and reusability. Common applications of prefabricated buildings are temporary construction facilities, office spaces, medical camps, evacuation centers, schools, apartment blocks, and single-detached houses.
Prefabrication is more efficient than conventional on-site construction since manufacturing through a production line is more controlled. Because most buildings have repeating sections of walls, roof, and floors, a manufacturing process can be developed by putting together a sequence of operations. These operations can be studied and improved making the manufacturing process more efficient.
The main purpose of the model is to enable users to get into details of every step of a Prefabricated Buildings manufacturing project from the factory construction stage, to operating analysis, projection of cash flows, and a potential future sale.
The model includes calculations of factory construction, Revenue and Construction costs for 3 different types of buildings (Commercial, Industrial and Residential), OpEx, Payroll, Capital Costs, financing through Debt & Equity, and analysis of project’s profitability.
Outputs of the template include forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), Annual Direct Cash Flow, various KPI's and Financial Ratios, Project Valuation, Investors Returns Waterfall, and a professional Executive Summary presenting company’s results.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period.
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info
• Factory Construction Budget (Land Purchase, Soft & Hard Costs, Equipment, Raw Material, etc.)
• Revenue & Manufacturing costs assumptions for 3 types of prefab buildings (Commercial, Industrial, Residential)
• Direct & Indirect Payroll Assumptions
• Operating Expenses & Capital Costs Assumptions
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples (EV/Revenue and EV/EBITDA)
• Dynamic 10 Year Forecast (3 Statement Model)
• Dynamic 10 Year Direct Cash Flow Report
• Summary of various KPI's and Financial Ratios (Operating Metrics, Profit Margins, ROE, ROA, etc.)
• Project Valuation (incl. Enterprise & Equity Value, DCF, Terminal Value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow, Project Return Metrics & Sensitivity Analysis)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Exit Year Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
• Alternative Executive Summary presenting the first 5 Year of operations
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.