Residential property investment Excel model for assessing potential investments into residential property. Model contains the ability to compare two different scenarios of assumptions.
The model contains two types of residential property investment business models:
1) Standard monthly rental incomes - set on an annual basis (can therefore increase rents each year). Also includes the option to add management fees.
2) Airbnb model - revenues are based on occupancy and rates that vary my time of year and based on whether it's a weekend or week day. Also includes additional costs such as cleaning bills, Airbnb management fees, taxes, bills and service charges.
Model includes the option to add debt for the property purchase. The debt has the ability to charge interest only or capital and interest repayment. The mortgage can have a fixed initial period at one interest rate and a different rate thereafter. The model contains a macro for these calculations
Outputs include a dashboard of summary results. Additionally, there is a results page that includes both monthly and annual financial statements for the project. Additionally, this contains a variety of useful key performance indicators for property investment.
Other assumptions include (though not an exhaustive list):
- Property purchase assumptions
- The ability to include both historic and forecast assumptions
- Various purchase fees
- Capital growth assumptions
- Property purchase taxes
- Ongoing taxes and sundry costs