This Real Estate - Lease or Sell Model is a perfect tool for financial feasibility study on developing a commercial property. The model can be used by developers to create projections along with the construction phase.
The user can incorporate following scenarios:
1. For Revenue calculation, Gross Developed Area is assumed to be Leased or Sold. User can switch between the scenarios from Dashboard Sheet and correspondingly see its impact on the Financials and Key KPI's.
2. For Cost calculation, maintenance contract for Gross Developed Area can be assumed to be given to a single contractor with a bucket rate or specialized service providers to control cost. User can switch between the scenarios from Dashboard Sheet and correspondingly see its impact on the Financials and Key KPI's.
The Model includes assumptions related to:
1. Construction Period Cost
2. Revenue is assumed from either lease or sale option. Assumptions for revenue includes Sales Price, Maintenance revenue, Lease revenue (divided into premium and general area with different lease rates), lease term, lease rate escalation % & more.
3. Operating costs can be assumed either from a Single Facility management contract (for all the services) or Specialized service contracts to different contractors. Both the scenarios includes option add Fixed cost as well.
4. Flexible Funding Profile - Cash equity, Bank Debt and Bank overdraft
5. Working Capital Assumptions related to accounts receivables and payables
6. Straight Line Depreciation with option to renew asset at the end of it's useful economic life.
7. Inflation and Indexation
8. Tax Assumptions with tax loss utilization option
Model Output includes:
1. Project IRR & NPV
2. Equity IRR & NPV
3. Equity Payback Period
4. Cash Waterfall
5. Debt Service Profile
6. Integrated Financial Statements
7. Fully Integrated Dashboard
Why Fin-wiser' Financial Model Template:
1. Our model is built on quarterly timeline which provides more detailed data for Analysis
2. The model is divided into two phases i.e. Construction and Operations
3. All revenue and cost assumptions can be input into 2 scenarios. This helps user to assess the impact of multiple business scenarios in one model. This can be operated simply on a click of a button.
4. The model is built with Financial Modeling Best Practice and have clearly defined input, calculations, output cells and tabs to help even a rookie excel user to operate the model efficiently.
5. Our Models are thoroughly reviewed, and Quality checked for Arithmetic and Logical flow
1. Model uses Macros (VBA) especially to consider the interest during the construction phase in the Uses of Funds Table. To run model optimally, keep macros enabled. In case you do not like Macros, you could manually disable or remove the Macros and will have to rework the model's logic to be used without Macros but it is not recommended by the author.
2. Model is built using Microsoft Excel 2019 version for Windows. Please note, on certain Mac laptops or MS Excel prior to 2007, Excel with Macros can slow down your computer if your PC does not have enough processing power.
3. We advise not to delete or insert rows and columns into the model if you are not aware of the model structure as it can distort model functioning. If you need assistance with customizing the model template, the author is more than willing to help you. We will then get back to you with a quotation for the customization service (billable hours & completion date).
4. Model uses Cell Styles