Mobile App Financial Model – Dynamic 10 Year Forecast
Review: 5 - "A masterpiece of literature" by John Doe, written on May 4, 2006
I really enjoyed this book. It captures the essential challenge people face as they try make sense of their lives and grow to adulthood.
User-friendly Financial Model presenting a business scenario of a Mobile Application Development.
Suitable for either a new or existing Mobile Application, the model is a flexible tool for businesses that generate revenue via in-app purchases, subscriptions, and ads.
It includes assumptions and calculations of Paid and Organic Leads and their conversion rates to Downloads and Active Users, 4 different revenue sources (Paid App Version, In-App Purchases, Subscriptions and Advertising), Application direct Costs (Platform Commissions, Credit Card Fees, Support, Hosting, etc.), Payroll, OpEx and CapEx and business Financing assumptions through Debt & Equity.
Outputs of the template include Monthly Operating Budget, Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis, Annual Forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), Annual Direct Cash Flow, Business Valuation including DCF & Terminal Value, Payback period analysis and Investors Returns Waterfall.
A variety of KPIs and Financial Ratios analyzes business performance and the company’s results are presented through sophisticated charts & graphs and are summarized on a professional Executive Dashboard.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period.
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• Download & User metrics (Paid & Organic Leads, Download Conversion Rate, Churn Rate)
• Subscription Revenue Assumptions (3 types of subscription packages, 4 types of payment plans, subscription fees and discount % per package)
• Paid App Version and In-App Purchases Revenue Assumptions (% of Active Users, fees, etc.)
• Advertising Revenue Assumptions (Number and length of sessions per user, impressions, effective cost per Mille, etc.)
• Application Cost Assumptions (App Stores Commissions, Hosting, Credit Card Fees, User suppurt, etc.)
• Payroll per Department, OpEx & CapEx Assumptions
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Monthly Operating Budget
• Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis
• Dynamic 10 Year Forecast (3 Statement Model)
• Annual Direct Cash Flow
• Project Valuation (incl. DCF, Terminal Value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow)
• Summary of various KPIs and Financial Ratios (Revenue & Cost Metrics, ROE, ROIC, Profit Margins, etc.)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Dynamic Dashboard with key metrics & charts analyzing business performance on an Annual basis.
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.